Our private GP, nurse and technician appointments provide you with faster tailored access to professional help and advice when you need it most.
This pay as you go option, provides you with access to private doctor, nurse and technician services, including personal health screening, medical checks, ear wax removal service, and investigations.
You can access a range of professional support services, to help you make the right decisions and to improve your health or feeling of wellbeing and to assist in the assessment and management of acute diseases, disorders or injury.
This service is not intended to replace your NHS primary care GP, and rather supports and supplements existing services where you identify that this may be helpful to you.
Services commonly provided may include detailed history-taking and examination, the formulation of a diagnosis, and where relevant confirmatory pathology testing.
You are offered an explanation and shared understanding of your health and wellbeing status, with focus on areas requiring attention or management.
Treatment options and associated costs are discussed at the time of your appointment, with consideration of the pros and cons of each option.
Services provided include:
- office-based primary care consultations
- diagnosis and health education
- ear wax removal service
- acute prescribing for the management of short-term conditions
- onward referral to private secondary care
- onward referral for private pathology/radiology
- private certification e.g. Fit Notes
- private primary care services for overseas students, travellers, or those not entitled to NHS care.
- selected vaccinations (doctors only).
- steroid injections for musculoskeletal conditions.
- assessments under International Health Regulations 2005 for emigration to other countries.
- bespoke medical assessments e.g. fitness to participate in arduous/extreme sports.
Frequent requests include:
- blood sampling for pathology
- ear wax removal
- urine testing and laboratory analysis
- hearing testing
- lung function testing
- exercise testing
- alcohol breath testing
- point of contact drug screening
We may refer you onwards to secondary care for radiology assessments or consultant opinions where appropriate. You are usually fully informed of any proposed interventions and referrals at each step, receiving estimates of any likely costs. Informed consent is sought at each stage. Where appropriate, email or letter communication is initiated or maintained with your NHS GP to share information concerning advice and treatment and to ensure prescribing is safe.
Services we do not offer:
- home visiting or home consultations (other than in exceptional circumstances by individual arrangement)
- maternity services
- palliative Care
- long term condition management
- repeat prescribing
- addictions treatment or substitute drug prescribing
Our private GP appointments give you the time to talk to our doctors and are tailored to meet your needs, so you feel empowered to take control of your health and understand all your health care options. We will also refer you on to other services and keep your GP in the loop when needed and with your consent.
Our state-of-the-art clinic in Newcastle will make you feel at easy as soon as you arrive. Our main clinic is easy to find, with ground floor access, right from the car park. We are easy to find and easy to get to.
Making an appointment with our private GPs could not be easier, and if you need a little advice before deciding on your best option, our non medical Support Team will happily try and direct you to the right person for your appointment.