employment medicals
employment medicals

Employment Medicals

NPH Group employment medicals are a great way of ensuring that staff are fit and healthy in order to perform their roles. They identify any pre-existing medical conditions that might go undetected otherwise. These can save time and money through assessments that are mandated by Regulating Bodies, who look after the health and wellbeing of employment groups.


We carry out bespoke, specialist and general medicals, these cover industries such as offshore workers, seafarers, and pilots, and many other sectors where medicals are required by law. All specialist medicals are undertaken at one of our clinics.

General employment medicals often feature as part of a robust onboarding process and a wider occupational health and wellbeing strategy. Implementation of these can be delivered either onsite at your location or within one of our clinics.

Businesses see the main benefit of these medicals as minimising workplace health risks, lowering employee absenteeism through early intervention, maintaining employee health and certifying fitness within their roles.

All of our medicals ensure HSE compliance and bring peace of mind to employers, so that you can feel confident that all of your risks are managed effectively.

Click below to generate a bespoke medical quote or if you need more help identifying your requirements, please call us and our team will be happy to help.

CAA Class 1/2/3 – (basic only) or (basic & audio)

CAA Class 1/2/3 – (incl. ECG)

CAA Class 1/2/3 – (incl. ECG & Audio)

CAA Case Management

Light Aircraft Pilot Licence (LAPL)

Cabin Crew – under 40 years of age (without ecg)

Cabin Crew – 40 years of age or over (with ecg)

ECG (note if abnormal ecg will be referred)

Two of our senior Doctors are certified Class 1 Aeromedical Examiners (AMEs), already servicing over 300 private and professional pilots throughout the North of England. As such, we’re best placed to assist the regions innumerable flying clubs and their members in achieving the new standard within the required timeframe.

Diving – Annual

Diving – Annual + OGUK

Diving – Initial

If diving is part of your work, you will need a professional diving medical accredited by the Approved Medical Examiners of Divers (AMEDS). Professional divers and people for whom diving is a part of their work all need to meet the minimum medical criteria outlined by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).


Lead Medical

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) requires medical tests (before employment and periodically) for workers exposed to some specific hazards.

To find out more about this medical, please use the form below to get in touch.

HAVS medical – 1,2,3,4 (including report for 4)

Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) is a condition that’s caused by prolonged use of vibrating tools such as hand held power tools or vibrating compacter.

At every stage of the HAVS medicals, we will provide recommendations for each employee along with the relevant certificates.

Ironising Radiation (IRR)

Employers have a duty of care to ensure that exposure is kept as low as reasonably practicable and that anyone likely to receive an equivalent annual ionising radiation dose of 6mSv is designated as a classified person and subject to annual medical surveillance.

ENG1 & seafarer

You need a seafarer medical certificate (ENG1) if you are in charge of a ship, e.g. ship’s captain, serving on a merchant ship, a seafarer. Any seafarer on board a ship must have an ENG1 (or equivalent) to work on a merchant vessel, or for any UK Certificate of Competency (CoC).

Taxi/HGV/PSV/Racing Driver

DVLA – Alcohol (bloods)

DVLA – Drugs (urine)

If you are applying for a new taxi licence or it is time to renew your licence, it is a legal requirement for you to pass a medical test specified by the DVLA. Our registered GPs offer a cost-effective taxi medical that covers all the DVLA’s requirements.



Wind Turbine

OGUK & Wind Turbine

OGUK, Wind & FTT

If you work offshore in the oil, gas or wind industry, the chances are that you will need medical certification to prove your fitness for work. The most common certification is the OGUK assessment, but you may need a specialist assessment as part of your role, for instance if you are a crane operator or climber.

To find out more about this medical, please use the form below to get in touch.

Employers need to undertake pre-employment health screening for every person joining an organisation to safeguard any health issues and to ensure that the appropriate adjustments are made if required.

I am always so impressed by NPH Group. Your energy, enthusiasm and great achievements…

Roodlane Medical

How can we help?